Friday, September 12, 2014

How My Travel Obsession Began

If you have stumbled upon this blog, you are probably wondering how my obsession with travel planning began.  Growing up, my parents always encouraged me to travel and my family spent nearly every summer on a week-long vacation.  We drove to most of our destinations which gave me the opportunity to see tons of amazing parts of the United States! Fast forward to my first year of college and I was spending a good amount of my free time online researching potential vacation destinations.  I couldn't get enough of looking up hotels, resorts, and cruises.  Other people thought I was crazy, but I couldn't stop planning out trips I wanted to take in the future!

It was not until the summer of 2012 when I purchased my first smartphone that I started to use travel apps.  After downloading my first app, I was immediately hooked! I began researching the top travel apps using my favorite tool, Google.  Suddenly, I had over 10 apps on my new phone which were all related to traveling and the planning process! The speed of these apps as well as the fact that I can take them wherever I have my phone was one immediate perk I noticed.  Whether I was waiting in line or bored in the car, I could spend my free time researching potential vacation destinations.  After spending several weeks using my newly installed apps, I began reading travel blogs and subscribing to a travel magazine.   These publications opened my eyes to the ever changing travel field!


In January of 2014, I had the opportunity to go on my first international trip to Cancun, Mexico.  This trip gave me to opportunity to learn about what life in another country is life.  Before leaving for Cancun, I spent some time researching places to see as well as downloading apps which would help me while I was there.  The apps I installed on my phone came in handy whenever I needed to figure out an exchange rate or know when the cafĂ© closed at my resort.  It wasn’t until I took this trip that I knew that travel apps were a must-have!


Savvy Traveler is a blog written by a travel enthusiast for those who are interested in using mobile apps to plan their next excursion.  The blog will include reviews of travel apps as well as tips on using apps to make travel planning a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment